Friday, January 12, 2018

Decluttering Your Home


Patience
cleaning supplies
3 boxes

I recommend creating a list of places/areas in your home to declutter starting with the easiest… which doesn’t sound like all that, but you’ll feel more accomplished if you can get something done even if it’s simple.

Use the four box method. One box for keeping, another for storing, one for trash, and one box for Goodwill/ Garage sale. Doing this means no item gets passed over. 

I clean out areas for a solid 15 minutes before taking a break or just 15 minutes a day. If you clean for a solid 15 minutes then you are more likely to finish the task. I tell myself, “If I can clean for this long then I can keep going.”

Take pictures to track your progress. Take before and after pictures this will also help you to feel more accomplished and to remind you and others of where things go after you declutter.

Teach your kids where things go. If we teach your kids where things go, and start teaching them the habit of putting them there, you’ll go a long way to keeping your house decluttered.

Remember it's not going to happen over night it takes patience and hard work.

P.S. I would love to meet you on Facebook or on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment