1 38 count of #2 pencils (you can get fancy ones), I used glitter ones
4 sheets of card stock
Stencil of a heart
Pencil sharpener (if you want them sharpened before you give them out)
- Cut out all the hearts for each of the students in the classroom. I included my own daughter since she needed a pencil too.
- Then bend your heart in half.
- While in half cut 2 small cuts (about a cm apart) from the folded side toward the curve of your heart as you see here:
- Unfold your heart and on the inside write: You're The Write One for Me or You're The Write Valentine 4 Me [or another pun/sweet message]
- Then on the back make sure to write From: (your child's name)
- Then fold your heart in half again, push the cut portion up, and slide the pencil into that section.