1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
3/4 cup warm water
1. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
2. Cut in the shortening until the mixture has a mealy texture.
3. Slowly add the water while mixing.
4. Form the dough into a ball.
5. Place the ball on a floured surface and knead about 2 minutes.
6. Divide into 12 small balls, cover and allow to rest about 30 minutes.
7. Roll each ball out into a 7 in' circle.
8. Heat a griddle or heavy skillet, and cook about 1 minute.
9. Wrap in a damp paper towel and server immediately.