1 Summer Squash
1 Black or Italian Zucchini
1 small head of broccoli
about 1 cup of yellow waxed beans (I didn't measure I just picked a handful)
20 snow peas in the pods (again I didn't measure I just picked a handful)
1 lb of tri-tip
2 tablespoons low sodium beef broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon corn starch
2 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
*1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes
about 1/4 cup of water
- Cut meat into bite size pieces.
- In a Ziploc bag combine broth, soy sauce, Worcestershire,brown sugar,corn starch, and 1 tablespoon olive oil and add the beef.
- Squeeze all the air out and refrigerate for 1 and half hours.
- While that is marinating rinse all veggies you just picked.
- Then cut carrots, squash and zucchini into rounds. (They cook faster this way)
- Chop broccoli into manageable pieces.
- Snip the ends off the peas and the beans and cut them in half.
- After the hour and a half, drain and discard the marinade from the beef.
- Heat the wok with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the beef and heat till it's lightly brown, remove meat from the wok and place in a bowl set it aside.
- In the same wok add the carrots and broccoli, first, adding tablespoons of water as needed to keep them steaming.* (If you want to add some heat to this dish add the crushed pepper flakes at this time.)
- When carrots and broccoli are slightly tender add the remaining veggies and the beef back too the wok.
- Cook for 4-5 min.