1 can sliced pineapple
juice from the can pineapple
1/2 cup brown sugar
8 maraschino cherries
1/2 a stick of butter
Eggs and oil as recommended on package
*Don't use the water the box asks for instead we are using the leftover pineapple juice if there isn't enough then add water to the juice to make up the difference.
- Heat oven to 350°
- Make cake mix according to box (except the water part) then set aside.
- In a large skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray, heat the butter and the brown sugar over medium heat.
- When the sugar starts to bubble up take it off the heat.
- Add the 8 pineapple slices around the edges and one in the middle.
- Add the 8 cherries in the middle of each pineapple.
- Slowly pour the cake mix on top making sure not to move the pineapple or cherries.
- Then place pan in oven for about 45 min or until toothpick interested in center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly, using an oven mitt turn over onto plate and let cool.